Principal Full Stack Engineer
- €8000 - €95000
Our Client, one of the largest asset management financial services company in the world, is looking for an experienced Principal Software Engineer to join their team in Galway.
As a Principal Software Engineer, you will play a key role on Scrum teams and within Digital Platforms Technology. You will be encouraged to gain understanding of all the components of our web applications and will work with the members of the squad to deliver outstanding customer experience solutions. The ideal candidate should show ease at making personal connections and enjoy partnering across a diverse group of roles. You will work closely with the Squad Lead, Scrum Master, Developers, Quality Assurance, and Architects to craft, build, test, and deliver the features that make up our client's Digital experiences. You will also be expected to provide guidance and mentoring to the other Developers.
The Expertise and Skills You Bring
- Full stack software engineering 8+ years of experience; with a focus in financial services applications is a plus
- BS/BA Degree or equivalent experience required
- Demonstrated experience in communicating technical needs and capabilities to non-technical team members, product owners, and partners
- Experience collaborating in a team environment to develop, deploy, and support key applications and features
- A proven understanding of the Agile software development methodology
- Extensive experience decomposing sophisticated business problems into creative, efficient, and scalable solutions
- Relevant knowledge of modern application architecture patterns and emerging technologies
- Hands-on experience with API Design & Development and Microservices Architecture (Java, REST, GraphQL, NodeJS)
- Proficiency with server-side/mid-tier languages, frameworks, libraries, and related technologies: Java EE, Apache Tomcat, Spring MVC/Spring Boot, Logback, SLF4j, Maven
- Appreciation for and alignment to standard methodologies regarding object-oriented design, coding standards, RESTful service consumption and integration, common design patterns, secure application development, and test coverage
Your experience with the following will be a plus:
- DevOps concepts governing SCM, continuous integration, monitoring, and deployment processes
- Enterprise application architecture patterns and orchestration frameworks such as Apache Camel
- Client-side unit testing frameworks and test runners like Jasmine and Karma
- Docker containerization and AWS cloud deployment and application management via the AWS console
- AWS certification(s)
- The W3C’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines and their implementation
Our Digital Platforms Technology team designs, develops, implements and supports WI’s suite of web & mobile products and services. They focus on delivering creative solutions that meet the needs of our customers. Our systems professionals thrive with an unrelenting dedication to innovation, which breeds a culture of continuous improvement and significant achievement. We see ourselves as a vital link to the customers. This is a dynamic group that is using ground-breaking technologies to create powerful tools and a best-in-class user experience for our customers using Java-based technologies. Our goal within Digital Platforms is to create a user experience that delights our customers, anticipates their needs and matches services or solutions to support effective decision making.