Senior Software Engineer
- €70000 - €80000
If you enjoy designing, developing, and implementing using the cutting-edge tech stack, we have the perfect opportunity for you within the Digital Platforms Chapter in Workplace Investing! You will be part of a high performing, dynamic, innovation focused team working in an exciting business domain.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 8+ years of development experience (currently hands on) in Java 8, Spring boot / Spring Core / Web Services (SOAP/REST) and configuring web containers
- 6+ years of development experience in JSP, HTML, CSS/SASS, Angular 8 or higher, NodeJS, Jasmine, Protractor, Storybook
- Working experience with Design patterns, UML
- Test Driven Development, JUnit, Mockito, Jasmine, Karma, Jest, and Protractor
- Working experience with IDE’s Spring Tool Suite, and Eclipse/IntelliJ, within a UNIX and Windows environment
- Application build, deploy using Continuous Integration/ Deployment (CI/CD) tools -- Jenkins, Maven, uDeploy, etc
- Leadership: Outstanding teammate, self-starter, collaborative, innovative, eager to learn every day.
- Developer/AWS certification is a plus
- Understanding of docker, cloud-computing / cloud services platforms (e.g. AWS or azure) will be a plus
- Be able to communicate key requirements, and will need to be able to develop partnership and a spirit of collaboration and dedication within the project team
- Must have a flexible attitude and be able to comfortably accommodate change
- Define, maintain, and support Java/Angular development environments and standard methodologies, such as Maven, Sonar, and other Open-Source tools.
- Assist in identification, isolation, resolution, and communication of problems within the production and nonproduction environment and perform troubleshooting.
- Perform code reviews, unit testing, and integration testing using Open-Source frameworks.
- Contribute to continuous process improvement and initiatives
The Value You Deliver
- Help strengthen further the culture of innovation by setting examples
- Find creative ways to get things done, and do them right
- Foster a culture of outstanding software engineer practices
- Exercise a passion for keeping your knowledge up-to-date with the latest and greatest
- Help maintain the high level of integrity in the team
- Take ownership and accountability for figuring out what needs to be done
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
Our Digital Platforms Technology team designs, develops, implements and supports WI’s suite of web & mobile products and services. They focus on delivering creative solutions that meet the needs of our customers. Our systems professionals thrive with an unrelenting dedication to innovation, which breeds a culture of continuous improvement and significant achievement. We see ourselves as a vital link to the customers. This is a dynamic group that is using ground-breaking technologies to create powerful tools and a best-in-class user experience for our customers using Java-based technologies. Our goal within Digital Platforms is to create a user experience that delights our customers, anticipates their needs and matches services or solutions to support effective decision making.